Monday, August 31, 2009

I Love Graphs

I saw this post on one of my blog trawls (using Google Reader... If you don't use Google Reader, then you are a buffoon - try it out immediately. I'll wait. www.google.com/reader).

Anyway, it was a graph showing the value of the US Dollar from 1800 to 2009. It is a FANTASTIC example of what I was preaching about in my earlier post Government Intervention in the Economy. I love it because it shows how absurdly terrible the Federal Reserve is at regulating the value of the US Dollar. It also graphically illustrates the number of recessions the US has gone through (up in the corner) which the Federal Reserve has been unable to stop. Even the frequency of recessions is staggering - the Federal Reserve is an utter Failure. Here is the proof:

No comments:

Post a Comment